Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Singing the Dying Mark

Sing the Dying Mark

G.L. Snodgrass


She rose from the depths of hell
Chasing me thru the night
From her golden hair fell
A sickly, deadly light

Her horse of the dark fairy folk
Nothing but steam and pitch
Black as Newcastle Coke
Carried the screaming bitch

Banging upon her silver shield
Seeking her old lover
Someone for her to yield
Craving someone to cover

Away she cried, gleaming sword in hand
Away, for all you that lack
Heed my merry band
For I am coming back

Charging, leaping across the air
Her flaming eyes ablaze
Come, my one true fair
Demons we will raise

They followed, her demon hoard
Scratch clawing back to life
Followed her flaming sword
My dead, conniving wife

I died that night
A thousand deaths of hurt
Running from her light
Buried beneath the dirt

My loving wife turned against me
She searches for my soul
All who see her will surely flee
Clawing thru the coal

Hell hides me from her screaming cry
Cowering in the dark
Forever will they fly?
As I sing the dying mark

No comments:

Post a Comment