The signs that you are addicted to Books.
I realized the other day that I am addicted to books. It is a common vice, shared by many but not yet recognized by the American Medical Association. I feel that if they were to look at it they would agree with me. Book Addiction is a serious disease. Here are the common symptoms.
1. You buy books that you never get around to reading. You know when you buy it you probably won’t. But you can’t stop yourself.
2. You are constantly on the lookout for that next great thing. That book that you can fall in love with and recommend to all your friends
3. You always read the book before going to see the movie. You don’t want the movie to spoil the book.
4. You have more than one E-Reader. (I have three, I had a Sony, went to Kindle because of the larger selection. Someone gave me an old nook that I can’t through away).
5. You think bookshelves with paper type books are an important furniture feature in your home.
6. You give books as gifts, especially to your children and grandchildren. Then are surprised when they don’t love them as much as you did.
7. You have always thought you could write a novel, maybe even tried it a time or two.
8. You have been known to read the back of Cereal boxes because you can’t sit still without reading something. (You know you have it bad when you find yourself editing the back of cereal boxes. “I would have said it like this” or “That is grammatically incorrect.”)
9. You can cite the difference between a Regency and Victorian Romance, or between a Space Opera and an Epic Fantasy
10. You think the smell of an old book is better than the smell of a new car.